Commercial Project Manager
The Commercial Project Manager will be responsible for the project management/construction of Commercial/Large Utility Scale Projects.
- Plan, direct and coordinate the installation project
- Select and interface with any subcontractors
- Schedule and estimate the time required to complete the project. Track installation hours.
- Monitor and direct the progress in the construction site ensuring that the construction work is completed in accordance with guidelines
- Ensure that all safety precautions are adhered to by the construction workers
- Inspect and review projects to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other regulations.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate installation methods.
- Develop and implement quality control programs.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site.
- Training of solar technicians on the job and arranging OSHA and safety training
- Serve as chief safety officer and create safety plan for each project. Investigate damage, accidents, or delays at construction sites, to ensure that proper procedures are being carried out.
- Ability to locate to remote job site for the length of the project.
- Knowledge of design techniques, tools, and principles involved in production of precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings, and models.
- Knowledge of relevant equipment, policies, procedures, and strategies to promote effective local, state, or national security operations for the protection of people, data, property, and institutions.
- Knowledge of business and management principles involved in strategic planning, resource allocation, human resources modeling, leadership technique, production methods, and coordination of people and resources
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to understand written sentences and paragraphs in work related document
- Strong math and geometry skills.
- Computer skills, including Outlook, Microsoft Word, Excel, Sketch Up and Energy Share.
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- Able to pass background check to gain access to secure facilities and drug tests
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Ability to adjust actions in relation to others’ actions.
- Ability to mentor and teach.
- Ability to thoroughly listen, understand and ask questions.
- Ability to consider the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Ability to understand the implications of new information for both current and future problem-solving and decision-making.
- Ability to team build and create a positive job site, resolve conflict within a team.
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Princeton, NJ
Required Education: Bachelor's
Required Experience: Solar Project Management with 1 year prior experience